This past week, Danielle DiMartino-Booth revisited the “Lance Roberts Show” to discuss the Federal Reserve and the ongoing “monetary policy dilemma” they face.
Danielle spent nine years as a Senior Financial Analyst with the Federal Reserve of Dallas and served as an Advisor on monetary policy to Dallas Federal Reserve President Richard W. Fisher until his retirement.
Fisher called on Danielle to serve at the Fed after becoming a loyal reader of her financial column in the Dallas Morning News. She began her career in New York at Credit Suisse and Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette where she worked in the fixed income, public equity and private equity markets. Danielle earned her BBA as a College of Business Scholar at the University of Texas at San Antonio. She holds an MBA in Finance and International Business from the University of Texas at Austin and an MS in Journalism from Columbia University.
Danielle is now focused on educating large and small investors alike about the inner workings of the Fed. As President of “Money Strong” her goal is to bring light to how policymaking withing the Fed directly affect not just those on Wall Street, but every citizen in the country.
Some of her latest writings include:
- Drain No More: Fed Funds Rip May 4th, 2016
- Let Them Eat Rate April 27th, 2016
- Distress Testing The Efficient Frontier April 20th, 2016
The interview covers:
- Fed Policy vs. Economic Growth (or lack thereof.)
- “Let Them Eat Rate”
- Did the Fed miss the window to raise rate?
- The damage to the individual savers.
- The “Perma-Excuse” for not raising rates is now “Global Weakness.”
- Is the Fed trapped at the “zero-bound.”
- Is the political cycle playing into monetary policy?
- The Great Moderation.
- The “dividend chase” and how it ends
Listen to the interview here
My appreciation to Danielle for taking time out of her schedule to visit me. I look forward to having her back soon as the Federal Reserve continues to commit further policy mistakes in the future.
Lance Roberts is a Chief Portfolio Strategist/Economist for Clarity Financial. He is also the host of “The Lance Roberts Show” and Chief Editor of the “Real Investment Advice” website and author of “Real Investment Daily” blog and “Real Investment Report“. Follow Lance on Facebook, Twitter and Linked-In